IntroductionThe Come to the Table program at the Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) is pleased to announce the Fellowship for Rural Faith Leaders! This fellowship will equip rural faith leaders who are engaged in their community to use their passion and influence to positively impact the landscape of work at the intersection of rural life, faith and justice in North Carolina.
CostThe Come to the Table Fellows Program is free to persons accepted into the program thanks to funding from The Duke Endowment.
Design/Structure3 program areas:
- Supportive network
- 1 in-person fellows retreat (to be scheduled after fellows are determined)
- Monthly phone calls / in-person check-in with Come to the Table staff
- Opportunities to observe/participate in other fellows’ community projects
- 3 group calls with fellows and CTTT staff
- Support for community engagement around systemic issues
- Mini-grant for a community project and support for hosting a community event that addresses root causes of community issues
- Tools for having difficult conversations
- Fellows will have the opportunity to engage with tools designed to help facilitate difficult conversations.
CommitmentsFellows will commit to:
- Attending the fellows retreat
- Meeting briefly (in person or over the phone) at least once a month with CTTT staff to reflect on their experience as a fellow and plan for future fellow activities
- Working with CTTT staff to track the impact of their fellowship-supported programs and events and to evaluate the Fellows Program at the end of their fellow tenure
- Hosting a community event and/or engaging in a community project that addresses root causes of community issues
Who?The ideal fellow candidate is someone who:
- Is currently a pastor or faith leader in rural North Carolina
- Is a community leader or desires to be a community leader
Learn More & ApplyThe deadline for applying to the fellowship is October 15, 2019.
To inquire further about the Fellows Program, contact Michelle Osborne, Come to the Table Program Manager for Faith-based and Community Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-704-6920.