The Rural Advancement Foundation International is seeking a one-year communications fellow position to start this year, for their Pittsboro, North Carolina office. This position comes with a unique opportunity to benefit from training and mentoring from Resource Media, a national communications agency that exclusively specializes in social change. The position has a potential to extend beyond one year, contingent on fundraising opportunities. We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced communications expert. The Communications Manager will play two important roles at RAFI: working with Program staff to develop and implement project or campaign specific communications strategies, and raising RAFI’s overall profile by managing our organization-wide communications and social media. In addition the Communications manager will support our ongoing fundraising efforts. Core Functions: Content Development, Management, and Event Planning
- Collaborate with program staff to develop short-term and long-term outreach plans according to program needs and capacity
- Plan and manage projects that use visuals, video, and/or multimedia storytelling to support RAFI programs. Potential projects could include producing web videos or infographics on timely issues, supervising design consultant work, and designing flyers
- Collaborate with the project teams to develop messaging campaigns to advance the mission of the organization and meet project objectives
- Create an outreach and promotion plan for our in-house documentary film in coordination with the program team, manage documentary sales, licensing and online presence
- Manage, curate and produce written and visual/multimedia content for program email lists, websites, and social media networks to raise the visibility of key programs and events
- Develop and post regular content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Manage the production of marketing & support materials for conferences, presentation, trainings and special events. Materials may include conference brochures, agendas, workshop descriptions, registration materials posters and more.
- Collaborate with Beyond Hunger Relief team to plan the 2019 Come to the Table Regional Conferences. Develop and help execute a media communications and outreach plan for the conferences
- Participate in fundraising-related activities as needed
- Assist with direct mail activities, including crafting messaging, designing the look and feel of appeals, and working with printers and other contractors
- Lead development of RAFI’s Annual Report
- Help manage email contact lists and opt-outs to ensure compliance with U.S. CAN-SPAM Act and industry best practices
Click here to apply online. Applications will be accepted until September 20.