The Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI) is seeking external support to maintain and increase its foundation and government grant funding.
The Contract Grant Writer will report to the Development Director and work closely with program staff to submit renewal proposals, complete periodic grant reports, and research new funding opportunities that match the organization’s goals and needs.
Work will entail supporting the annual grant calendar and development plan, reviewing past and current grant files, communicating with relevant staff to obtain information necessary to complete proposals and reports, and submitting timely draft documents for collaboration with RAFI staff.
- Draft narrative content for grant proposals and reports to reflect the unique needs of different foundations
- Conduct interviews with RAFI leadership and program staff (as necessary) to update and create new content related to organization-wide and program-specific activities
- Support Development Director to secure invitations to submit proposals
- Research, identify, and suggest potential funding sources that match RAFI’s goals and needs
How to Apply:
- Proven track record of funded proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in and basic knowledge of sustainable agriculture, social justice, and environmental issues
Applicants should submit a résumé and letter of interest, including your hourly rate, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grant Writer” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Applications should be received by July 31, 2015.