RAFI has been working with poultry growers for more than 15 years, but we aren’t the only ones talking about it. Learn more about what others have been saying in recent years by checking out the resources below- many of which feature RAFI staff and farmers we’ve collaborated with.
Looking for an old fashioned read? Check out these articles:
RAFI’s Farm Sustainability
Director, Joe Schroeder, is featured in this piece highlighting the differences in corporate and farmer outcomes in recent years:
A series from Wired’s Maryn McKenna focusing on Craig Watts, a RAFI collaborator and Perdue poultry grower bold enough to open his doors to the public:
More on Craig Watts’ partnership with Compassion in World Farming in the New York Times:
Modern Farmer’s Andrew Jenner contributed a well researched & written piece that shows Craig Watts isn’t the only grower facing these issues, and gives a great overview of the industry:
Prefer a podcast or audio piece on the road or at lunch? Try these:
There’s also video & multimedia coverage. We recommend popcorn, but not popcorn chicken.
- RAFI’s legendary farm advocate, Benny Bunting, is featured in this story by NPR’s Dan Charles aired on The Salt.
- These radio pieces feature interviews with Christopher Leonard, author of The Meat Racket: The Secret Takeover of America’s Food Business, a recent book on contract agriculture and the meat industry.
- The upcoming documentary Under_Contract: Farming in the Fine Print, produced by Sally Lee and Marcello Cappellazzi in partnership with RAFI, will bring together farmers’ stories and address contracts in chicken and hog production. Check out their website now for clips and check back for updates on the film!
- This recent episode of PBS’ Original Fare covers chicken and poultry production in the U.S.
- The Fusion Media team provides an explosive & beautifully rendered multimedia expose on all things poultry industry related.