Video Series on Better Recordkeeping & Understanding Crop Insurance for Farmers
Attention All Farmers!Check out our new Crop Insurance Video Series! Just click on the video above to start watching this series of short videos that are packed with useful tips and information. The production of these videos was funded by a NC Specialty Crop Block Grant. We’re grateful for the opportunity to present this critical information to farmers looking to improve their recordkeeping skills and better understand their crop insurance options.
Farmer Guides & Publications
- Cleaning Up After Hurricane Matthew: Info for Poultry Growers
- Help After Hurricane Matthew: Disaster Relief for Farmers & Livestock Producers
- Videos: Small Farm Risk Management Resources for Farmers / La gestión de riesgos para las granjas
- Small Farm Risk Management Webinar / Seminario virtual sobre la gestión de riesgos para las granjas
- Financing & Funding Sources for Farmers
- Featured Resource: Farmers’ Guide to the Microloan Program
- New “Farmer’s Guide to Agricultural Credit” Fact Sheets Released
- Should Crop Insurance Be Part of Your Farm Risk Management Plan?
Five Helpful Websites for Farmers
Documents & Videos – Over 3,000 documents organized by Production, Marketing, Financial, Legal, and Human Risk topics Crop & Livestock Budgets – More than 2,700 crop budgets representing over 280 crops and more than 400 livestock budgets from over 30 states
Direct Assistance & Consulting for Family FarmersWe support family farmers directly at RAFI through three key program areas: Farm Advocacy, Disaster Assistance, and the Agricultural Reinvestment Fund.
Farm Advocacy – Our staff members provide financial planning assistance and advocate for farmers to lenders and other agencies. We serve farms ranging from small, specialty operations to livestock and commodity operations on thousands of acres. >> Learn more about Farm Advocacy
Disaster Assistance – We advocate for disaster and risk management policies that support family farmers in increasing the sustainability of their farms. We provide training to farmers and agricultural organizations on disaster assistance programs. >> Learn more about Disaster Assistance
Agricultural Reinvestment Fund – The Agricultural Reinvestment Fund at RAFI supports farmers and rural communities in developing new and innovative sources of agricultural income through the provision of cost-share grants. >> Learn more about the Agricultural Reinvestment Fund
Other organizations that provide direct assistance and consulting to family farmers can be found by searching Farm Aid’s Farmer Resource Network website.
We extend our thanks to the Southern Risk Management Education Center for supporting our efforts to provide risk management resources and tools to farmers through a variety of initiatives, including our Resource Rodeos and this online hub.