The Farm Bill is the primary agriculture and food policy legislation of the federal government. This omnibus bill determines policy and funding levels for agriculture, food assistance programs, and other aspects under the U.S. Department of Agriculture.Through a variety of programs, projects and coalitions, RAFI works to ensure the voices of family farmers get heard.
The 2014 Farm Bill
- Overview of the 2014 Farm Bill
- RAFI’s Official Statement on Final Passage of 2014 Farm Bill (January 30, 2014)
- 2014 Farm Bill Analysis: Crop Insurance (February 12, 2014)
- 2014 Farm Bill Analysis: GIPSA (February 14, 2014)
- 2014 Farm Bill Analysis: Organic Agriculture (February 24, 2014)
The 2008 Farm Bill
- Crafting the 2008 Farm Bill
- The Farm Bill Tree: Understanding the Logic of the 2008 Farm Bill – What ‘s included in the farm bill? Why? Where do commodity payments fit in? The answers are here, in Scott Marlow’s article.
Farm Bill Partners & Partners
- National Organic Coalition. RAFI’s close partner on farm bill issues concerning organic agriculture and the organic label.
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition. Up-to-date analysis of the Farm Bill is also provided by our coalition partner, the National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition.
- The Campaign for Contract Agriculture Reform is a coalition of organizations organized by RAFI that works on behalf of family farmers who grow under exploitative production contracts.