This posting has expired. Visit our job section to view current opportunities
Application Deadline: February 1, 2013
Title: Resource Development & Communications Intern
Stipend of $2,400
Description of Internship:
- Full-time, enrolled in a four-year college or university;
- A resident of North Carolina or attending an institution of higher education in the state; and
- Financially eligible for a Pell grant (students ineligible for a Pell grant due to documentation issues or criminal conviction may substitute a FAFSA/Student Aid Report)
The Resource Development & Communications Intern will help RAFI‐USA
meet its resource development and communications goals by performing tasks such as identifying potential funding sources and helping increase the organization’s online visibility. This internship is made possible by the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation. The selected intern will have the opportunity to connect with other interns in the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation Nonprofit Internship program. The intern will also have the opportunity to participate in on-going professional development throughout the summer.
Students of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Research potential funding sources and assist with preparation of grant proposals
• Research and summarize issues for use in funding appeals and online communications
• Explore creative ways to increase RAFI-USA’s visibility online
• Represent RAFI-USA at community events
• Data entry, database maintenance, and other administrative duties as needed
How to Apply:
Application requirements include a resume, writing sample, cover letter and 4 short essays. Applications will be accepted online via the Foundation’s online application system. We recommend you first compose your open-ended responses and essays in MS Word or similar word processor and then copy your answers onto the online application. The application deadline is February 1, 2013 at 11:59pm.
Required Essay Questions:
- Briefly describe the activity of your high school or college career that was most meaningful to you and why. (Word limit: 250 words)
- Describe your interests or experiences in the nonprofit sector. How did these interests attract you to this internship program? (Word limit: 250 words)
- How would our host organization benefit from having you as an intern? (Word limit: 150 words)
- State briefly why you are interested in this internship and what you hope to gain from your experience. (Word limit: 150 words)