Please note: This workshop has been postponed until another date in May or June 2015 (TBD). Look for event updates here!
Upcoming Event: Free Resourceful Farmer Workshop & Dinner
Workshop on Risk Management Resources and Tools for Farmers & RAFI’s New Online Resource for Farmers
Do you have a plan for managing risk on your farm? Did you know that there are incredibly helpful tools and resources available online for helping you learn how to manage the multitude of risks specific to agriculture? The presenters of this workshop have developed a new website for farmers to help them easily access and use these resources.
Join RAFI staff members in discussing crucial farm risk management issues and develop a plan for better addressing risk on your farm. This workshop will focus on a handful of topics related to farm finance and risk management. Attendees will come away with the knowledge necessary to better assess their credit readiness and an understanding of the different types of agricultural lenders. Relevant federal farm programs and new crop insurance options for small and midsize farms will also be discussed. Small-scale and beginning farmers are particularly encouraged to attend.
- Attendees will receive access to RAFI’s online platform and a free account.
- We will also be providing a free dinner to all of our attendees.
- Attendants will also receive free copies of our published guides, “The Farmers Guide to Agricultural Credit” and “The Farmers Guide to the Development of New Farm Enterprises.”
Our workshop will take place on May 6th, 2015 at RAFI’s headquarters in Pittsboro, NC.
- Dinner will be served from 6 to 7 PM (free).
- The workshop will take place between 6:30 to 8 PM (free).
To RSVP, please send an email to Jean Willougbhy at email@example.com, or call 919-621-8453.
We can only accept the first 20 attendees who RSVP so please let us know in advance if you plan to come!
274 Pittsboro Elementary School Road Pittsboro, NC 27312