RAFI’s Executive Director Scott Marlow speaks at the Farm Aid 2014 press conference alongside Farm Aid staff and board members Dave Matthews, Neil Young, John Mellencamp, and Willie Nelson.
Read our Executive Director Scott Marlow’s statement at the Farm Aid press conference here.
We were honored to host Farm Aid in our own backyard here in North Carolina for this year’s concert. By all accounts, Farm Aid 2014 was a smashing success, with a sold-out show, amazing performances, and important dialogues with farmers and agricultural organizations from across the country. We’re looking forward to building on the momentum created by the concert and we will be sharing more of our reflections on the events of the past week and plans for the future very soon. In the meantime, we’re excited to share some of the fantastic press and media coverage of Farm Aid 2014.
Below is a list of articles and videos featuring interviews with RAFI staff members or mention of our work with family farmers.
- As charity work goes evermore viral, Farm Aid digs for deeper local roots (INDY Week)
- Farm Aid raises awareness, money and a little controversy (News & Observer)
- Farm Aid event in Raleigh benefits local farmers, nonprofit groups (News & Observer)
- Video: Farm Aid raises money, awareness for local farmers (WRAL)
- Nash family farm benefits from concert series (WRAL)
- Even before concert, Farm Aid pays off in NC (WRAL)
Farm Aid 2014 | Press Conference | Photo Credit: Peter Eversoll
Click anywhere on the slideshow below to advance to the next photo in the set.