Media Production Coordinator Internship
Application Deadline: June 15, 2014
Join Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) as a media production intern and gain skills that are in huge demand across the nonprofit sector today. RAFI is a nonprofit organization based in Pittsboro, NC. Our mission is to cultivate markets, policies and communities that support thriving, socially just and environmentally sound family farms.
We’re working on a project that we recently funded through a successful Kickstarter campaign called Growing Innovation. The media production intern will work with us to complete the project this summer. Learn more about the project on our website here: www.rafiusa.org/growing-innovation.
The media production intern will work with a small team of staff members in our Farm Sustainability Program to help us complete the Growing Innovation project. You’ll receive training and support throughout the internship. The fields the internship will allow you to gain experience with include media production, online communications, outreach, and social media.
Potential Intern Duties & Activities:
- Assisting with media production (may include writing, photography, video, layout, or design, depending on your skills, interests, and experience)
- Going on farm visits across the state and assisting with documenting farm projects
- Helping with creating new webpages (using WordPress) for documenting each farm project
- Organizing, scanning, and reformatting project files
- Exploring creative ways to increase Growing Innovation’s and RAFI’s visibility
- Conducting and transcribing phone and in-person interviews with farmers
- Other responsibilities as they develop, based on intern interest areas and organization needs
- Strong writing skills
- Interest in media production (audio, video, photography, writing, graphic design, online formats, print production, etc)
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Interest in sustainable agriculture and social justice
This internship requires a commitment of at least 20 hours per week for 6-10 weeks. The exact start and end dates of the internship are flexible. Please specify the time period during which you will be available.
To apply please submit the following via email to Jean Willoughby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Brief cover letter explaining your interests, what you hope to gain, and what you can contribute during an internship with RAFI.
3. Recent writing sample, two-to-five pages in length
Optional: Include a link to your online portfolio or attach additional samples of your media production work.
Compensation and College Credit:
We can offer a $500 stipend for this position. We can also offer a transit stipend to help with transportation costs. Additionally, we are happy to assist with arranging college credit.
Thank you for your interest in the Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI).