Closing Date: October 27th, 2016
Proposed Start Date: November 7, 2016
The Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to sustaining family farms, rural communities and food security. RAFI cultivates markets, policies and communities that support thriving, socially just and environmentally sound family farms. Our office is located in Pittsboro, NC.
We’re looking for an organized and efficient individual to assist the project manager of theBeyond Hunger Relief Program in coordinating the logistics of the Come to the Table conference and gatherings. Come to the Table (CTTT) is an initiative whose mission is to relieve hunger while strengthening just and sustainable agriculture in rural North Carolina by engaging and mobilizing people of faith, farmers and communities. It is a joint project of RAFI and the NC Council of Churches.
The primary responsibility of the position is to bring together people of faith and diverse communities to engage in solutions to hunger and food access that sustain local agriculture, primarily through the 2017 CTTT conference and gatherings. The event planning coordinator will be a part of the Beyond Hunger Relief (BHR) team, and will work with the Come To The Table project director, the Beyond Hunger Relief project manager, and the communications director.
- Experience in event planning
- 2+ years experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or human services
- Familiarity with hunger relief and food access work
- Experience working with faith communities
- Fluency in Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations
- Draft registration materials, assist with developing the conference program
- Coordinate with communications director to ensure that content is in place for communications and that the registration process is integrated into RAFI’s communications and existing database
- Assist with outreach about the conference to farmers, faith communities, hunger relief organizations, etc.
- Communicate event details and logistics to attendees and presenters and collect necessary information and workshop content from presenters
- Work with venue staff to prepare for day of event (including room set-up, supplies needed and audiovisual)
- Keep the BHR team updated on progress on a daily basis through collaborative work plan on the Google Drive and regular communication
- Participate in BHR team meetings
- Plan, order and track supplies needed for the event
- Assist with other administrative duties necessary for the planning of a successful event
- Assist with conference follow-up tasks such as evaluation, processing reimbursements, thank-you emails, website updates, and more
Employment Type: Temporary, part-time
Compensation: This temporary, part-time position is paid hourly from 20-30 hours per week at $16 per hour
Duration: This is a 6 month temporary position, from November 2016 to April 2017.
RAFI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.