The Rural Advancement Foundation International’s mission is to cultivate markets, policies, and communities that sustain thriving, socially just, and environmentally sound family farms. RAFI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Pittsboro, North Carolina and incorporated in 1990.
The Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for daily duties involving bookkeeping, building maintenance and operations.
– Entering approved vendor invoices, printing checks and maintaining vendor files and history
– Oversight of payroll through outside vendor, entering and coding payroll, taxes and benefits in QB, and tracking vacation and sick time
– Processing and paying employee reimbursements
– Invoicing for grants, contracts and fees, including federal reimbursements
– Processing all check, cash and ACH payments
– Sales tax reimbursements
– Charitable solicitation license updates
– Oversight of fiscally sponsored program administration
– Ensuring Program Directors have updated financial information
– Building maintenance including rental agreements and payments, cleaning/grounds vendors, supplies ordering, utilities and emergency repairs
– Maintaining employees files
– Employee hiring and termination paperwork, health insurance maintenance and reimbursements, 401K and employee payroll changes
– Board meeting logistics
– All mail and postage functions
Qualifications / Requirements
– Experience in QuickBooks a must
– 3+ years of experience in non-profit administration
– Excellent organizational skills, ability to track large amounts of financial data
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent time management skills
– Basic accounting/bookkeeping skills
– Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or related field
Work would begin as soon as possible.
How to ApplyPlease apply online here. Applicants should submit a resume and two professional references and your required hourly rate. No phone calls, please.
RAFI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RAFI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.