Position: Beyond Hunger Relief Project Director
The Project Director will be responsible for the operational success of the Come to the Table project ensuring seamless project management, program delivery and evaluation. The mission of Come To The Table is to relieve hunger and strengthen just and sustainable agriculture in rural North Carolina. We do this by engaging and mobilizing people of faith, farmers and communities.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies of the project with all RAFI program areas
- Work with RAFI leadership to ensure coordination with other areas of program work within the organization
- Work with staff to develop, track and monitor project performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards
- Build and strengthen relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders specific to the project in the faith community, rural communities, philanthropic and agricultural community
- Stay current on news and research on relevant topics including but not limited to sustainable agriculture, hunger/ food security, rural development, federal nutrition benefits and more
- Represent the organization at relevant conferences, meetings and events
- Assist with the development of grant proposals and project budgets
- Oversee project funding, ensure all expenses are appropriate and approved
- Draft and submit project reports for funders and RAFI Board of Directors
- Respond to general project inquiries from partners, funders and general public
- Identify and research potential new sources of grant funding
- Ensure the project meets communications and outreach goals
- Monitors communications and outreach work plans
- Draft and distribute press releases and mass emails
- Develop project related content including reports, fact sheets, articles, blog posts etc.
- Manage the project’s social media presence
- Maintain all project related informational material and website content up to date
- Identify, screen and manage vendors for contracted communications work including, but not limited to contractors hired for graphic design, copywriting, web design, and videography
- Responsible for managing and organizing regional events including setting up and managing event registration and payment processing, venue management, securing and managing contractors, coordinating schedules, securing speakers, making travel arrangements and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture Business, Economics, Sociology, Public Health or closely related field
- 2+ years experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or human services
- 2+ years experience in oversight of project work plan development, execution and budget management
- Familiarity with hunger relief programs including federal nutrition assistance programs
- Applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of cultural competency, especially when working with people of color, low wealth communities, rural communities, people with limited English proficiency (LEP) and veterans. Must also demonstrate ability to work effectively with diverse communities and build coalition across unlikely partnerships.
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture Business, Economics, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Health or closely related field
- 5+ years experience in oversight of project work plan development, execution and budget management
- Programmatic experience working with faith communities on hunger relief issues
- History of successful grant writing
How to Apply: Click here to apply online. No phone calls please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
RAFI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.