Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Pittsboro, NC
Date Posted: April 13, 2015
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI) is seeking a Research Assistant for a 9-month position. The Research Assistant will be responsible for aiding data collection, analysis and coordination of multi-state and multi-institution research projects. This position’s primary research focus will be risk analyses of sustainable farming practices. This position will contribute to RAFI’s work to expand the use of sustainable production and risk management practices. A successful candidate will have experience in quantitative data analysis, be highly organized, and have a strong attention to detail.
The Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA’s mission is to cultivate markets, policies, and communities that sustain thriving, socially just, and environmentally sound family farms. RAFI works nationally and internationally, focusing on North Carolina and the southeastern United States. RAFI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Pittsboro, North Carolina. For more information, visit our website at www.rafiusa.org.
• Design and manage personal work plan
• Coordinate research activities on multiple projects with multiple research institutions and project partners
• Identify data sources
• Develop research surveys
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• Present research findings
• Monitor progress toward grant deliverables
• Draft reports
• Coordinate report publication with communications staff and contractors
• Basic familiarity with principles of sustainable agriculture
• Strong research design and quantitative data analysis skills
• Experience organizing stakeholder input processes
• 1 to 2 years of related work experience (including graduate level study)
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or a closely related social science field
Compensation: This is a full-time, temporary position with competitive salary and generous benefits.
Expected Start Date: June 8, 2015
Applications: E-mail cover letter and resume as one PDF file to [email protected] and reference your name in subject line. No calls please.
EOE: RAFI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse groups.
If you would like to stay updated on future job openings at RAFI, click here. (Be sure to click Job Opportunities when signing up.)