Dec. 10, 2013
Position: Faith Community Outreach Coordinator, Come to the Table
Application Deadline: January 12, 2014
Start Date: February 14, 2014
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI) seeks an inspired individual to assist the director of the Come to the Table project. Come to the Table is an initiative whose mission is to relieve hunger while strengthening just and sustainable agriculture in rural North Carolina by engaging and mobilizing people of faith, farmers and communities. It is a joint project of RAFI and the NC Council of Churches.
The primary responsibility of the position is to bring together people of faith and diverse communities to engage in solutions to hunger and food access that sustain local agriculture, primarily through the organization of the Come to the Table conference series.
The Organization: RAFI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to sustaining family farms, rural communities and food security. RAFI cultivates markets, policies and communities that support thriving, socially just and environmentally sound family farms. Come to the Table, a project of RAFI, has convened regional conferences every other year since 2007 in order to mobilize the North Carolina faith community to relieve hunger while strengthening just and sustainable agriculture. It is a joint project of RAFI and the NC Council of Churches.
The RAFI office is located in Pittsboro, NC. For more information about Come to the Table, visit www.rafiusa.org/cttt
· Convene diverse stakeholders to plan and produce Come to the Table’s bi-annual conference series.
· Assist the director in designing programs and hosting events that encourage and assist people of faith in supporting local farms and relieving hunger in North Carolina.
· Develop web and print materials and workshops for congregations, including the Come to the Table website and newsletter.
· Work with director and partners to plan meetings of the Rural Life Committee of the North Carolina Council of Churches.
· Speak at faith community events about Come to the Table resources.
· Work with organizational partners and community leaders to provide technical assistance to North Carolina congregations.
· Evaluate and report on program results for funders.
· Assist development staff with fundraising as needed.
· Perform other administrative functions and provide program support as needed.
· 3-5 years experience working with diverse stakeholders of multiple faiths, races, and ethnicities, especially rural, low-income, food insecure and farm families
· Experience with faith-based community organizing
· Experience in managing volunteers, event planning and coalition management
· Understanding of issues related to community food security, food sovereignty and farm-based economic development
· Experience participating in coalition work at a state level
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
· Success in working collaboratively and building solid working relationships
· Familiarity with NC faith community, NC food security community and NC farm community
· Familiarity with issues in faith-based collaboration in the Southeast
· Familiarity with Judeo-Christian faith traditions
· Proficiency in Spanish a plus
Compensation: Competitive nonprofit salary plus generous benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan and five weeks annual leave.
EOE: RAFI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse groups.
Applications: E-mail cover letter and resume as one PDF file to: [email protected] and reference your name in the subject line. No calls please.
If you would like to be updated as more RAFI positions become available, join our email list.