Protecting the Future of Food
The Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) believes in order to ensure a safe, adequate supply of healthy food, we must protect farm workers and encourage environmentally sound farming. We see environmental sustainability, economic viability, biodiversity, and social justice as inextricably linked. Therefore, the best way to ensure a just, sustainable future for farming is to create a reality where farmers feel supported and protected and have the resources to thrive.
To cultivate markets, policies, and communities that support thriving, socially just, and environmentally sound family farms.
- Family farmers have the power to earn a fair and dependable income.
- Everyone who labors in agriculture is respected, protected, and valued by society.
- Air, water, and soil are preserved for future generations.
- The land yields healthy and abundant food and fiber that is accessible to all members of society.
- The full diversity of seeds and breeds, the building blocks of agriculture, is reinvigorated and publicly protected.
Our programs address the trends and changes in agriculture that affect us from the local to the global levels.
- We combine on-the-ground services with national and international policy advocacy to ensure farmers have access to the tools they need to make the right choices for their farm and families. In turn, we want to ensure the best choice for farmers is also the best choice for their communities and the environment.
- We are collaborative, achieving results through coalitions, partnerships and affiliations. Working with a variety of farm, community, university and government groups, we promote sustainability, equity and diversity in agriculture through policy changes, practical assistance, market opportunities, and access to financial and technical resources.
- We work on issues from the field, through one-on-one work with farm families. This unique approach allows us to bring lessons from the farm to national strategy discussions and, in turn, bring those resources and connections back to farm families.
RAFI has earned the GuideStar Gold Exchange Seal and Charity Navigator 4-star rating, demonstrating our commitment to transparency. Financial information including annual reports and audited financial statements are available on our website.
Annual Reports & Our Commitment to Transparency
274 Pittsboro Elementary School Road, Pittsboro, NC 27312
PO Box 640, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Phone & Fax
Connect With Us
On Facebook: Facebook.com/RAFIUSA
On Twitter: Twitter.com/RAFIUSA
On Instagram: Instagram.com/RAFIUSA
On Vimeo: Vimeo.com/RAFIUSA